Saturday 21 July 2018

1.4 - The Future


  Iantha really wasn't sure why she chose to hide at the beach. It was always her go to spot in Sunset Valley. It would be obvious to Sully where she went. Unfortunately, there was only one road to the beach, so if she left, she would run into Sullivan anyway. So she figured she may as well stay.


  As predicted, it didn't take long for Sully to find her. The two settled on some nearby seats and silence descended on them.
  Finally, after what seemed like hours, Sully spoke. "I was trying to make you jealous."
  Iantha snorted. "It worked."
  "I know. I'm sorry. Mika said it was bad idea. She told me to just talk to you. That was the point of the party. She was trying to help me. I just didn't expect that the guys would spike the punch and we'd end up even more drunk."
  "So falling into bed was not meant to happen?"
  "I wanted it to happen eventually. Just I'd rather have been dating you first."
 

  They talked at the beach for a few hours before Sully suggested heading back to their dorm to continue talking. It was nearly morning when they finally made it back.
  "Now what?" Iantha asked.
  Sully shrugged. "It's up to you. We can go back to just being friends if that's what you want."
  "I don't know what I want."


 "I'm going to go try and get a bit of sleep before heading to the library. But I want to tell you one last thing."
  "What?"
  "We graduate soon. I'm not going back to Sunset Valley. I want away from my family, and my father wants a branch of the family business set up in Riverview. So that's where I'm headed. My father said he'd look for a house for me, and use my savings to purchase it for me."
  "I see..." Iantha trailed off. She had nowhere to go. She'd grown up with a foster family in Sunset Valley after her parents had died in a car accident. They'd made it clear to her that once she left them, she wasn't welcome back.
  "I was wondering if you'd be willing to move with me? Even if we just stay friends, it would be nice to have my best friend with me."
  "Really?"
  "They have a great sports team there, and they'll be hiring soon too..."
  "I'd love to move with you!" Iantha said happily.
  With a huge smile, Sully gave Iantha a quick hug before practically running up to bed.

A/N: I'm reduced to only being able to play when my son is napping. :( Unless his daddy is home to entertain him.

No comments:

Post a Comment