Wednesday 19 December 2018

1.8 - It's a ...


  "Uh, hi, I was just wondering when I should come in, my water broke a few minutes ago..."
  ...
  "Okay, we'll be there soon."



  "Sully?"
  "Hmm? I think I should take Bella out before we go. She's going to be alone for at least a few hours."


  Screw that, Iantha thought as she grabbed her bike. I can do this on my own. It's not too painful.


  Iantha gave a dirty look to the paramedic who watched her ride up. The paramedic was just wondering why Iantha didn't just call an ambulance to bring her in. Truthfully, Iantha forgot until she saw the paramedic standing outside.


  Sixteen hours, a lot of pain, an epidural, and one popsicle that did not stay down, Jordan Scarlett Crosse made her way quietly into the world.


  After bringing her home from the hospital, Iantha wished her daughter had remained as quiet as had been at birth.


  They spent the next few months doing the same routine. Eat, sleep, change, eat, walk, play, sleep, eat... ETC.
  Iantha couldn't help but wish she could go back to work.


  "Whose daddy's precious little girl?" Sully cooed. He loved snuggling with his baby girl. And would keep giving Iantha puppy dog eyes for another. She wasn't having it.


  It didn't take much time at all before a special little girl had her first birthday!
  "Make a wish, Jordan!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, riding a bike to the hospital! That's a new one for me, never seen that before :)

    ReplyDelete